INTERVIEW DO'S AND DONT'S
- Ensure you know what position you are applying for and understand the requirements for the position.
- Remember to find out the name of the person you are meeting for an interview and confirm the location of the interview.
- Try to be as flexible as possible with regards to the time and location of the interview.
- Plan in advance to get to the interview on time, but don't arrive too early.
- Dress appropriately. Remember first impressions last!
- Do your research!
- Be constructive when asking questions - remember that an interview is also the opportunity for you to assess if the company is the right place for you.
- Reflect on your previous experience and use examples of real situations that you have been in to illustrate your competence.
- If you are applying for Store Management, have you visited the store you have applied for?
- Visit some stores. Regardless of the position you are applying for, the end point will be in store where the business makes its money!
- Don't swear, argue or be personal in an interview.
- Don't criticise past employers.