1. What are the requirements to register for online shopping?
You need to be older than 18 years and you’ll need a valid email address, cellphone number and South African identity (ID) number or a Passport number. Your password needs to consist of at least 8 characters, including one number, one letter, one special character and one capital letter.
2. Can I use my YDE Account to shop online?
No, your YDE Account card can only be used in stores
3. I’ve forgotten my email address, how do I retrieve it?
Contact our customer service team on (021 203 0083) for assistance.
4. I’ve forgotten my password, how do I retrieve it?
Simply click “Forgot your password” on the login page and enter your email address. You will receive an email with instructions to reset your password.
5. Can I create two online profiles with the same email address?
No, each online shopping profile requires a unique email address.
6. How do I update my contact details?
To update your email address or password follow these steps: Log in, and go to “My Profile”, click on “Account Information”. Here you can update your personal information. Then click on the “Save” button. To update your address or cell phone number follow these steps: Log in, and go to “My Profile”, click on “Address Book, click on “Change Delivery Address”. Then click on the “Save” button. Alternatively you can call our customer service team on 021 203 0083 for assistance.
1. Can I pay my order with both a YDE account card and credit card?
Unfortunately this option is not currently available.
2. How do I shop online?
You can shop online from your desktop, tablet or mobile phone. To begin, navigate to products you would like to purchase, select your size, and then add them to your shopping bag. When you are ready to complete your purchase, click on your shopping bag and then follow the necessary steps. Once complete you will receive an email to confirm that your order has been received by us.
3. How do I find an item online?
If you don’t have a specific item in mind you can search for a description of what you are looking for in the search bar e.g. black dress.
4. Are items in my shopping cart reserved for me?
No, unfortunately items cannot be reserved until you have completed your order and made payment.
5. Can I order a gift card online?
Unfortunately at this stage it is not possible to order or purchase gift cards online.
6. Can I remove items from an order/change the size of an item that I have ordered?
No changes are permitted to an order once submitted.
7. Can I add to an existing order?
No additions are permitted to an order once submitted.
8. How do I cancel an order?
Orders cannot be cancelled once confirmed and being prepared for delivery, however goods purchased can be returned in terms of YDE’s Returns Policy.
9. Can I order by phone or email?
You can only place orders via our website www.yde.co.za
10. I am having difficulty adding items to my shopping bag, how do I resolve this?
Contact our Online customer service team on 021 203 0083 for assistance.
11. How can I check if an item is available in-store?
You can phone our call centre on +27 21 460 2500.
12 How do I check what size I am?
You need to measure your bust, waist and hip measurements (cm) and compare them to each brands size chart on the website. The size charts for each designer can be found on each product details page.
13. What is your delivery policy?
YDE will offer the following services for shipping of orders to a home or office address.
- Standard Option: 3-5 working days – R79.00
- Free Delivery: 3-5 working days to a YDE store for your collection.
Deliveries are only done between 09h00 and 17h00 from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
We will only fulfil orders with a physical location within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
ORDER ON DELIVERY
The customer is allowed to inspect the goods on delivery and if the parcel is incorrect, can liaise with the YDE online customer services department to have it returned and your payment reimbursed.
COOLING OFF PERIOD, GOODS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE
YDE returns policy
YDE will allow a return on an item of merchandise returned within 14 days of date of delivery /receipt provided that:
- The original invoice is presented on return as proof of purchase.
- The price (swing) ticket is attached.
- The item has not been worn or used.
- Swimwear has the protective strip attached.
- The item is in its original condition and packaging.
- Items sold with promotional gifts are returned together with the gift.
- The item is returned in the country of purchase.
- No returns of underwear or boxers or panties will be permitted.
- No returns of Face Masks will be permitted.
- No returns of swimwear without the protective strip will be permitted.
- No returns of any body-piercing jewellery (including earrings) will be permitted.
- No returns of Final End of Season Sale items will be permitted.
- No returns of Gift Cards will be permitted.
We have a 6 month quality guarantee on our products, please note we will gladly refund the consumer if:
- the consumer provides the original invoice,
- it is within 6 months from date of purchase,
- there is a manufacturing fault (upon assessment)
- the product has been used for the intended use,
- the product has been cared for according to wash/care label.
If you are not happy with your purchase and wish to return it, and all returns criteria above have been met, you need to follow the process below:
- Phone our customer services call centre on 021 203 0083 and log the return with them. They will organize a courier company to collect the parcel.
- Returns via a courier are charged at R60 per parcel. The original courier fee will not be refunded.
Returning in a YDE store
- Visit any YDE store and our staff will assist you with your return. Please note the original courier fee will not be refunded.
- You will need to bring in a printed copy of your YDE Order Confirmation email with you as proof of purchase in order for our staff to assist you with your return.
Orders delivered to a YDE store not collected by the customer
- If you do not collect the Order within fourteen (14) working days from the delivery date thereof to the store of your choice, the contract of sale will be cancelled and the original purchase price refunded to the your bank account. It can take up to 5 working days for the refund to be submitted to your bank; thereafter the time it takes to reflect back in your bank account is dependent on the respective banks. The Goods will no longer be available for collection by you.
Currently we are not able to offer exchanges for items purchased from our online store. If you'd like a different colour or size, you can exchange the item at any YDE store or return item(s) to us for a refund and place a new order.
For in-store exchanges you will need to bring in a printed copy of your YDE Order Confirmation email with you as proof of purchase in order for our staff to assist you with your exchange.
How do I pay?
You can pay using any of the following payment options:
- Visa card (both credit and debit)
- Mastercard (both credit and debit)
- EFT via OZOW Instant Secure EFT
Is it safe to shop online with YDE?
Yes, our website is 100% safe and secure. We have put all the necessary measures in place to ensure your personal and payment information remains secure.
What is 3D secure?
3D Secure is an additional layer of online security that is now mandatory for all online retailers in South Africa. It’s also known as Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode. It helps prevent fraud by protecting you against unauthorized transactions on your card(s).
YDE Online, along with PEACH, our trusted payment processor, uses 3D Secure to secure your online transactions and help protect you against fraud.
How does 3D secure work?
3D Secure requires you to enter a one-time PIN (OTP) to complete transactions on any website that features the ‘Verified by Visa’ or ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ sign. This OTP is sent to your registered mobile number or your email address, so only you have access to it.
By successfully completing 3D Secure verification, you’re able to prove that it really is you shopping, and not someone who has gained unlawful access to your card details. Only you, as the cardholder, will receive the password required to complete the transaction.
I’d like to pay using my YDE Account, how do I go about this?
At this stage we don’t accept account payments online. If you wish to use your YDE Account card for items online, you can use our reserve in store service.
YDE ACCOUNT PAYMENT OPTIONS:
You're welcome to pay your total amount due, in cash or using your credit or debit card, at the cash desk in any YDE store. Selected stores are open seven days a week, so you're free to pay your account on any day that suits you... even Sunday!
ONLINE BANKING / DEBIT ORDER
You can pay your account from your bank’s online website or by using your banking app. We are a preloaded beneficiary with all banking institutions, so it is best to select YOUNG DESIGNERS EMPORIUM from the approved list of preloaded beneficiaries;
Setting up YDE as a Preloaded Beneficiary:
- Simply register with your bank online
- Select YOUNG DESIGNERS EMPORIUM from the list of preloaded beneficiaries
- Use your 14-digit account number in the beneficiary payment reference field.
Beneficiary Name to select when making a payment:
|- CAPITEC||- Young Designers Emporium|
|- FNB||- Young Designers Emporium|
|- STANDARD BANK||- Young Designers Emporium (Pty) Ltd|
|- ABSA||- Young Designers Emporium|
|- NEDBANK||- Young Designers Emporium|
APPLY FOR DEBIT ORDER
Please note the following regarding payment by debit order:
YDE reserves the right to cancel a debit order after the bank returns it for the second time as a result of "No funds available".
Applications for debit orders and requests for the cancellation of debit orders will be accepted by YDE in store, e-mail, or by calling our Customer Call Centre.
You can now pay your YDE account using EasyPay at stores that accept EasyPay, including Shoprite, Checkers, Pick ‘n Pay, Spar and Woolworths; or online at easypay.co.za; or via the EasyPay customer app.
This is how EasyPay works:
- Send a FREE SMS with your 14-digit YDE account number to 45125 to receive a unique reference number to use to pay your account.
- Identity may also send you an SMS or e-mail with a specific unique reference number to use to pay your account.
- When you go to the store, provide this unique reference number to the cashier.
- This is a new service; the store might not know that you can pay your YDE account using EasyPay. That’s Okay - simply ask them to use the unique
EasyPay reference number from your SMS or E-mail.
- The cashier must enter this unique EasyPay reference number.
- You will be asked for your name and phone number.
- The payment will be processed.
- A receipt will print with EasyPay Truworths (this is the code we are using – it is the CORRECT code), amount paid, payment reference number and transaction reference number.
- Please keep the receipt as proof of payment.
For more on electronic payments, please contact your bank directly on one the following numbers:
|- Capitec||- 0860 10 20 43|
|- FNB||- 087 575 9444|
|- Standard Bank||- 0860 123 000|
|- ABSA||- 08600 08600|
|- Nedbank||- 0860 555 111|
Find a Store Near You
Use our Store Locator to find a YDE store near you!
Can I use a voucher online?
No, currently you cannot redeem a voucher online.
Can I include a gift receipt with my order?
No, currently gift receipts are not provided.
Please insert your tracking or waybill number.
See below URL:
Click here to track your parcel.
How does a young designer go about getting space at YDE?
Complete the application form along with certain other requirements which need to be fulfilled. Once a designer has been successful with an interview, and there is space available in the YDE stores, they will be allocated specific stores in which to launch their labels.
What are the selection criteria?
Designers need to meet certain criteria before their merchandise would be considered to be sold through YDE stores.
Criteria such as design (i.e. commerciality), quality, originality, strong business acumen, available finance and general retail background are all factors that would be considered.
Are there any fees involved?
YDE charges our fully-established Designers a monthly commission and display fee.
Rising Talent Clothing Designers are charged a commission percentage.
There are also other ad hoc expenses which are charged.
What is the YDE business model?
Designers set their own retail selling prices and merchandise is supplied to YDE by the Designer on a consignment stock basis only.
YDE does not purchase any merchandise from Designers.
How are the Designer's ranges promoted?
Ranges are advertised across social media platforms.